Friday, May 9, 2014

Oh Berlin

Oh Berlin, what can I say about this place?!
Berlin is definitely my type of city! It is a city covered with graffiti, inspired by the art, and filled with history. There are delicious CURRY DOGS and bratwurst on every corner, endless cafes and vintage shops. It is a modern metropolis that is a mix of the old and the new- I love the architecture here. I think I love everything. Berlin is a city that is bursting with life, possibilities and mystery. There are so many international people here and I hear so many languages on the street. Sitting here in this little cafe on the corner-enjoying my Berliner Pilsener, I feel content just watching people walk by.

I'm in Berlin for 6 days, which may seem like a long time, but I feel like I have only glimpsed a tiny portion of what this city has to offer. I have watched street performers, gone to flea markets, strolled by the river and seen the wall. I've met wonderful people with warm hearts and been to the places that I never imagined I could go. I'v heard stories of other places that seem too crazy to exist and now I am curious and I feel I must see these things for myself. But alas, I am all out of time. I am flying to Amsterdam tomorrow (which is sure to be another great adventure.) I have been to many cities in my 27 years on this Earth, but Berlin is has earned a special place in my heart. So I will be back sooner than later, for another glimpse of this fantastic city.

Thank you Berlin for inspiring me, intriguing me and leaving me wanting more...

-Ran - A Nomad in Love with Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...