Friday, May 24, 2013

(Almost) Summertime In Chicago



For the past two months, the weather has been very unpredictable here: rain, sun, SNOW?!, sun, wind, fog...when is summer going to officially arrive in Chicago??!

Growing up in Dallas, the Texas summers stretched on endlessly. Bikini season was from March to October, and snow seemed like something far-off and magical....that is until I faced the harsh reality of a four month long blustering, bone-chilling winter in Chicago. I guess I had to learn the hard way-why Chicago is called the "Windy City". Maybe I never gave this town a fair chance, because ever since I almost froze to death during one of Chicago's worst weathers in history, which coincidentally was my very first winter here, I have spent almost 3-6 months out of the year traveling(aka avoiding Chicago). However, seeing that this could very well be my last summer in Chi-town, I want to see everything, eat everything and try everything that Chicago has to offer!!

With a population nearing 4 million, Chicago is the third largest city in America. Often referred to as the "Second City", Chicago has the luxurious trappings of a cosmopolitain metropolis while retaining the relaxed atmosphere of a true Midwestern town. I am not sure exactly how much longer I will be in this town, but I do know that I will try my best to enjoy whatever time I have left. So wish me luck as I set off to explore the Windy City!

-Ran- A Temporarily Non-nomadic?..Nomad

PS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will finally get hot enough for me to take a dip in the lake! yeeeah~!


Some pictures from my recent adventures in Chi-Town:

Lincoln Park Zoo

Who doesn't love Dipping Dots??

Kumas Too -The Biggest, Baddest Burger in town! :D

On the way to Mayfest
I'm looking a bit grumpy because we took the wrong train :(

Trying to get to Mayfest in Asbury

Marisol's Farewell Party at MCM Pub

Sisters from another Mister! I'm going to miss this girl!!

Craft Beer Week in Chicago-Trolley Tour!

Its Beer and Trolley Time! XD




I am shopping at:
Zara Printed Jacquard Top and Shorts

Marc by Marc Jacobs "Clearly" Bag


I am listening to:
Kodomo-Concept 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...